It can be hard to keep our heads above water when it comes to raising kids, but we must try. That’s why, every day, I pray for my children. I ask the Lord to help them navigate through the tough times ahead and to fill their hearts with love. And I also ask Him to protect them always – body and soul.
Prayer for my kids
I come to You today with a heart full of prayer for my kids. I know that You have a plan for them and I am trusting that You will guide them and protect them always. Please help them find their way in this world and help them to be trusting and obedient to You. Help them to know that You are always with Them and that they can always count on You.
Guidelines for prayer for my kids
As a Christian parent, it is our prayerful duty to guide and encourage our children in their spiritual lives. This includes praying for them both individually and corporately. Here are some guidelines for prayer for my kids:
1. Pray for guidance and protection in all areas of their lives – both personal and professional.
2. Pray for wisdom in their decisions and actions – both big and small.
3. Pray for strength in times of struggle or stress.
4. Ask God to help them develop a personal relationship with Him, based on His love and grace.
5. Ask Him to fill them with His Holy Spirit so that they may live fruitful, fulfilling lives pleasing to Him.
Why Pray For My Kids?
There are many reasons to pray for our children.
1) We want them to have a good future.
2) We want them to be happy.
3) We want them to be safe.
4) We want them to find their purpose in life.
5) We want them to be kind and compassionate.
6) We want them to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
7) And, of course, we want them to grow up into godly adults who will make a positive impact on the world.
So why not pray specifically for our kids? It can be an easy way to show them that we care about them and that we are praying for them as they go through life. Plus, it can help us feel better knowing that we are working together with God to help our kids succeed.
What to Pray For
Parents can pray for their children in a variety of ways.
One way to pray for your child is to ask God to fill them with His love and to guide them as they go through life.
Another way to pray for your child is to ask God to protect them and keep them safe.
Lastly, parents can also pray for their children’s spiritual growth and development.
Different Types of Prayers for Your Kids
One way to get your kids praying is to join them in prayer. Prayer can be as simple as saying a prayer with your kids or leading them in a prayer together.
Parenting expert and author of “The Whole Parenting Book: A Guide to Raising Healthy Children From Birth to Age Eight,” Dr. Laura Markham, suggests starting with age-appropriate prayers for kids. For toddlers, she recommends asking for protection and guidance. For preschoolers, she recommends praying for wisdom, self-control, and strength. Older kids can pray for understanding, forgiveness, and courage.
Whatever prayers you choose, make sure they’re personal and relevant to your children’s individual needs. And don’t forget to give them plenty of opportunities to offer prayers of their own!
As parents, we often wonder what we can do to help our children learn and grow in the best possible way. Prayer is one of the simplest things that you can do to support them on their spiritual journey, and it has been proven to be incredibly effective. Whether you are praying for your children individually or collectively, it is important to remember that the Lord hears and answers prayer. Thank you for reading this article, and may God bless you as you continue to pray for your loved ones.