Christmas Reflections and Prayers
I hope these prayers for Christmas and other holidays will be a blessing to you.
Christmas Eve Service
When you arrive, you will be greeted by our friendly ushers who will help you find a seat and then give you a program. Following the greeting of welcome, we begin with music. Our choir sings Christmas Carols that have been sung by generations of people at this time of year.
After the music, Pastor Tom come forward to bless this sanctuary so that God’s Holy Spirit may guide us as we worship Him through these services tonight. Then we’ll hear from several members of our congregation as they share some thoughts about what Christmas means to them personally and how it has changed their lives over the years–and maybe even during this past year! This is followed by an offering for our missions ministry which will take place on January 2nd when your children receive their mission bags & money from Santa Claus himself!”
The Christmas Story
The Christmas story is about the birth of Jesus—but it’s also about the birth of something else.
It’s about bringing new life to God’s family, in all directions. It’s about a new world coming into being and taking its place among all other worlds. The Christmas story isn’t just a historical event; it is happening right now as we speak, in every human heart that chooses to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, whether they know it or not. This day has been advancing toward us from eternity past: from before time began until now, when we celebrate his birth with lights, candles and stories told by those who love him best—those who have been touched by his presence on earth for only one brief moment before returning again and again throughout history just as I am doing right now!
Christmas Eve Reflection
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide us and give us the strength to follow his lead in everything.
- Pray that God’s guidance would be given throughout the day, so that we could be led into fulfilling our purpose on earth.
- Pray that God’s grace would enable us to overcome any obstacles presented by others or ourselves, so that we can continue growing in understanding and love of God.
- Pray for a greater understanding of what it means to love others as Christ loved us—to show mercy, grace, forgiveness and selflessness towards others despite their faults or shortcomings.
Prayer for Christmas Day
- We pray for the birth of Jesus in a manger and for the birth of Jesus in a stable. We pray for the birth of Jesus, Son of God, as a human baby who was born at Christmas time. He is our Savior, who came to save us from sin and death. In this season of Advent he helps us to prepare ourselves for Christmas day when we celebrate his coming into our world as a baby.*
O God, you are our God, we praise you, we give thanks to you, and we worship before your feet. We seek your face and turn to you in times of trouble.
We pray that this Christmas season will bring us joy and peace as we remember the birth of Jesus Christ, who came into this world as a gift of love from God. May all Christians be united in prayer for each other and for those who do not know Christ as their Savior. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Prayer For Christmas Time
- We pray for Christmas time, that God would bring you peace and joy in this season.
- We pray for Christmas Day, that you would be reminded of the birth of the Savior and filled with the wonder of His love.
- We pray for the end of this year and into next year, that we may remember God’s faithfulness through all our trials and tribulations; knowing He is there with us throughout them all! Amen!
- We pray for a good service tonight at church so it will be filled with joy as well as learning about what Christ came here to do for us!!!
- And finally we ask God to give us strength from within ourselves so we can continue on this journey called life without getting discouraged along the way!!
A Prayer for the End of the Year to Remember God’s Faithfulness
It’s that time of year again. When we pause to reflect on the past and what you have done. We remember how you were faithful to us in some areas and not so in others. At times, I have struggled with moments of doubt about your faithfulness and even doubted your very existence at times. But then I remember how you always come through for me when I need it most. You hear my cries for help even when no one else does, and provide just the right amount of grace when I need it most. For this reason alone, I am thankful for all the blessings you have given me throughout this past year—no matter how large or small they may be! Your faithfulness has been an anchor during difficult times this year; now as we look forward to a new year ahead…I pray that we will continue to find joy in knowing that our hope comes from knowing that regardless of what happens next…Jesus is still Lord!
Prayers for Christmas and other holidays
- Christmas prayers: “Ave Maria” and “Hail Mary”
- Holiday prayers: Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and other holidays’ prayers
- End of the year prayers: For all those who passed away in 2017 and for their families, friends and loved ones. Also for all those who have been ill during this time.
We hope these prayers for Christmas and other holidays will help you find some peace in the busyness of life. If you’re looking for more ways to connect with God, check out our blog posts on prayer and meditation!