When it comes to marriage, Catholics have a lot of prayers and blessings they use to guide them through their relationship. One of the most common is the Catholic prayer for married couples. This prayer is said before meals, before bed, and more. It’s a way of thanking God for all He has done for you in your relationship, and it can help you stay on track during tough times. Here is the Catholic prayer for married couples in its entirety: Almighty and eternal God, we thank You for our marital union which You have consecrated with Your own blood. Through this bond of love we become one person in two bodies and one soul. We ask You to bless us as we continue to grow together in fidelity, love, and respect. Protect us from every evil, both mental and physical; from material temptation and from any hidden enemies; that we may always give You complete obedience and joyously serve Your will. Amen.
Catholic Prayers for Married Couples
Catholic prayers for married couples are a great way to spend time with your spouse and connect with God. Below are four prayer starters for you to use as a foundation for your own prayers.
Prayer of Acceptance
“O God, we come to You in repentance, asking Your forgiveness and acknowledging our wrongs. We ask that You would bless our relationship and help us to grow closer to You. Guide us each day through grace, love, and patience.”
Prayer of Gratitude
“Thank You for the gift of marriage. Thank You for blessing us with this special bond between two people who love each other. Help us always be thankful for the good in our relationship and help us overcome any difficulties together.”
Prayer of Forgiveness
“Lord, I am sorry for what I have done wrong in the past. Please forgive me and help me to change my ways moving forward. Guide me as I learn how to live faithfully toward You.”
Prayer of Protection
“Lord, please keep us safe from harm. Keep us close to You so that we can always rely on Your protection. Help us stay connected to You even when we feel afraid or lonely.”
What to pray for when you are married
Prayer is a powerful tool for growing closer to God. As you prepare to marry, here are some specific prayers that may be especially helpful for you and your husband:
· Saint Joseph Prayers
Saint Joseph is the patron saint of marriage. In honor of his role as protector of families, pray to him for help in keeping your marriage strong. Ask him to help keep your love alive and to guide you both through your journey together.
· The Rosary
The rosary is a powerful prayer tool that can be used by married couples in many different ways. One option is to pray the rosary together as a way of honoring Mary, the mother of Jesus. Another option is to use it as a meditation tool to focus on specific petitions or mysteries during each decade.
· The Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel
This chaplet can be used as a private prayer or shared with your husband during holy hours like Mass or confession. It includes prayers for protection from evil, peace in our hearts, and strength during trials.
How to pray as a married couple
Now that you’re married, it’s natural to want to pray together. Catholic prayer can be a great way to connect with your spouse and build strong spiritual relationships. Here are some tips for praying as a married couple:
1. Choose a common prayer book. There are many wonderful Catholic prayer books available, but the most important thing is to find one that both of you enjoy using. The Our Father, the Hail Mary, and the Creed are all classic Catholic prayers that can be used together in any marriage.
2. Make time for prayer each day. One of the best ways to deepen your spiritual relationship with God is to make time for regular prayer. Set aside at least five minutes each morning or evening to pray silently or aloud together.
3. Be open to God’s direction in your prayers. Often times, what we think we need from God may not be what He has actually called us to do in our relationship with Him. Don’t be afraid to ask Him for His help in expressing yourself and your spouse through prayer.
4. Share burdens and joys with each other during prayer time. Praying together allows you to openly share burdens and joys alike with each other – something that can build strong emotional intimacy between you as husband and wife.[/subheading]
Married couples often find themselves asking for prayers on a regular basis. Whether you are newlyweds or have been married for years, it’s important to take time each day to pray together as a couple. Prayer can be an incredibly powerful tool in helping you connect with your spouse and deepen your relationship. To help get started, check out our list of Catholic prayers for married couples and start praying together today!